Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Location: Portland, OR (Milwaukie)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
As an Inside Sales Representative you are responsible for identifying sales opportunities within our existing customer base and to locate new potential customers. The Inside Sales Representative is also responsible for managing small scale accounts allowing Senior Account Managers to focus on larger opportunities.
- Develops and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Contacts former customers to reactivate interest in new business, products, and services.
- Works closely with Senior Account Managers and Marketing to help obtain new customers.
- Maintains up to date customer account, contact, and project information in the CRM utilizing the notes sections to track accomplished tasks and activities. This includes keeping the forecast and pipeline up to date.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of our vendor products and services and can position the solutions successfully.
- Assists with the selection of computer hardware, software and services.
- Generates and delivers accurate sales quotes in a timely manner.
- Works with vendors managing all registrations for deals ensuring they are approved while also staying informed of all available promotions and incentives.
- Attends vendor training to develop new technical skills and to meet certification requirements.
- Works with the Senior Account Managers and Operations Manager to determine appropriate markups based on promotions and incentives, sales volume, profit margins, contracted rates, competitive market conditions and company pricing.
- Works with the engineering team to define appropriate timelines and hours for Service Agreements and Statements of Work for post sales implementations.
- Ensures an understanding of the accounts to assist with customer questions in the absence of the Senior Account Manager.
- Assists with organization and helps drive attendance to targeted marketing events and campaigns.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ experience working in the Information Technology field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in Inside Sales, Sales Operations, or Sales Support required with strong customer service skills and a service orientation focus.
- High school diploma required; Bachelors’ degree preferred; equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures with a strong focus on sales techniques and principles.
- Experience with basic computer hardware and software including, Microsoft Office, Salesforce CRM and online sales and quoting tools and is eager to learn new technologies and products.
- Effective interpersonal and active listening skills with excellent public speaking, phone and presentation skills.
- Strong critical thinking, and appropriate judgment and decision making skills with the ability to solve problems using deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Effective time management and planning skills.
- Effective negotiation and persuasion with the ability to find, develop, and close sales.
- Must work closely and effectively with all members of the organization.
Nordisk Systems, Inc., established in 1983, is a nationally recognized IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications Solution Provider. Nordisk Systems, Inc. certified team of sales and technical professionals have the skills and product knowledge to develop and implement the best solutions for our customer’s IT and Telecommunication needs. Nordisk Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation packages that include Health Insurance, FSA’s, HRA’s, 401(k), PTO, and Life Insurance.
Nordisk Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action.
Please apply to HR@nordisksystems.com with a cover letter and a resume.