Job Title: Senior Account Manager
Location: Portland, OR (Milwaukie)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
We are looking for an experienced Senior Account Manager to join our team of Information Technology professionals. This ideal individual will be responsible for business development, obtaining new accounts, achieving sales quotas and maintaining a high level of professionalism through customer satisfaction.
- Develops and maintains customer relationships anticipating needs, responding to requests in a timely manner, preparing and delivering proposals with a quick turn-around and developing custom solutions based on the company’s portfolio of offerings.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of our vendor products and services and can position the solutions successfully.
- Attends vendor training to develop new technical skills and to meet certification requirements.
- Maintains up to date customer account, contact, and project information in the CRM utilizing the notes sections to track accomplished tasks and activities. This includes keeping the forecast and pipeline up to date.
- Identify customer needs by selling the appropriate hardware, software and services.
- Conduct business through sales techniques including but not limited to cold calling, conducting in person meetings, and partnering with vendors or manufactures.
- Maintain an understanding of customers’ business by establishing the customers’ needs, buying cycles, and creating strong relationships to drive sales and generate repeat business.
- Meet and/or exceed annual sales revenue and margin goals as defined by management.
- Grow revenue for target accounts in partnership with the inside sales team.
- Work with inside sales team to ensure that quotes are provided and order requests are processed accurately and with the engineering team to accurately scope projects.
- Manage individual sales requirements to include sales orders and billing to support the sale.
- Manage past due invoice resolution with the accounting department to ensure payments.
- Manage on-going customer relationships and update account information in the CRM tool.
- Develop and maintain solid business relationships within the various decision-makers and influencers at all levels at each target account
- Understand each customer’s business model, map their organization and identify their technology needs.
- Work with management to provide feedback, develop vendor relationships, advance new company initiatives and mentor new employees to enhance the sales strategy.
- Attends account planning sessions with management, vendors and team.
- Develop partnerships with Vendor Field Sales Representatives and utilize the joint selling opportunities within the territory.
- Collaborate on sales strategies, discuss account trends, advise changes within accounts and coordinate quotes and sales opportunities with Account Managers.
- Use quarterly forecasting and pipeline management in the CRM to manage sales growth.
- Present a Quarterly Business Review (QBR) to Sales/Ops Manager each quarter with a focus on past performance and expectations of the current quarter, analysis of pipeline, key wins, and personal improvement goals.
- Develop & execute marketing and business plans to drive revenue and profits.
- Performs an analysis of account base to determine key areas of opportunities.
- Provide in-depth customer technology roadmap and work with the Inside Account Managers to uncover new opportunities.
- Prior experience selling technology solutions for IBM, Cisco, NetApp, Dell/EMC, Microsoft, Oracle and/or Hewlett Packard.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with five (5) or more years of outside customer facing sales experience.
- Reach and exceed the expected sales quota the first 90 and 180 days of employment
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills including strong customer service, active listener, persuasive and proficient in public speaking.
- Self-starter with ability to build relationships, communicate product knowledge, and close deals quickly with effective time management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles, achieve goals, and to clearly articulate ideas.
- Must work closely and effectively with all members of the organization.
Nordisk Systems, Inc., established in 1983, is a nationally recognized IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications Solution Provider. Nordisk Systems, Inc. certified team of sales and technical professionals have the skills and product knowledge to develop and implement the best solutions for our customer’s IT and Telecommunication needs. Nordisk Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation packages that include Health Insurance, FSA’s, HRA’s, 401(k), PTO, and Life Insurance.
Nordisk Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action.
Please apply to HR@nordisksystems.com with a cover letter and a resume.