Job Title: Solutions Engineer – Microsoft Enterprise Technologies
Location: Portland, OR (Milwaukie)
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Nordisk Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a Solutions Engineer expert specializing in Microsoft Technologies to join our technical team. The ideal person will be able to combine systems architecture, troubleshooting skills and engineering with the opportunity to work with both existing and emerging technology. The primary focus of this position is Microsoft Enterprise Software with a specific focus on Exchange and SQL Server.
Responsibilities include resolving technical issues on hardware and key software. This includes, but is not limited to, Microsoft Office products, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft Azure. There may also be a focus on AIX, Linux, Tivoli, VMware, Oracle, VDI Solutions, Big Data, mySQL, and Sharepoint.
- Work with the engineering team as well as vendors to resolve technical issues that have been escalated to the engineering team.
- Develop reference architectures, best practices, and training material on products including Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Develop guidelines for solution and performance troubleshooting.
- Run and optimize popular benchmarks and load tests focusing on Microsoft products with database performance measurement tools.
- Debug performance issues and suggest code/design improvements to the engineering team.
- Provide analysis of opportunities to avoid and minimize risks in the field.
- Experience working with Linux/Windows performance troubleshooting tools
- Extensive knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and SQL Server
- Experienced with VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, or Xen.
- Administration, TCP/IP Networking, and Storage
- Understanding of software, storage, filesystem performance characteristics
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attends vendor training to develop new technical skills and to meet certification requirements
- Must work closely and effectively with all members of the organization.
Nordisk Systems, Inc., established in 1983, is a nationally recognized IT Infrastructure and Telecommunications Solution Provider. Nordisk Systems, Inc. certified team of sales and technical professionals have the skills and product knowledge to develop and implement the best solutions for our customer’s IT and Telecommunication needs. Nordisk Systems, Inc. offers competitive compensation packages that include Health Insurance, FSA’s, HRA’s, 401(k), PTO, and Life Insurance.
Nordisk Systems, Inc. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and we do not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or consideration protected by local, state and federal laws, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies. Equal opportunity applies to hiring, promotion, training, compensation, and any other organizational action.
Please apply to HR@nordisksystems.com with a cover letter and a resume.